In 2014 we started Perkbox as a way to help companies delight their employees. Today 500,000 people across the UK are using our service to get amazing perks ranging from fun treats to significant discounts on their everyday expenses. Business is booming and we need help to take great perks to even more people. The company is making the transition from raw start-up to finely-tuned happiness-creation machine.
You’ll be in safe hands - we are in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2017.
- Work in a highly collaborative and close Agile environment to ensure we’re constantly innovating and improving our product.
- Research competitor’s products, new trends in graphic design and digital innovations in order to provide engaging design solutions.
- Deliver world-class interaction designs, from initial concept through to launch and evaluation of success.
- Produce design visualisations to help stakeholders understand what the best experience should be – storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes and so on.
- Work with product management and users to identify and define features, use cases and user stories.
- Regularly review work with design peers and leadership to acquire feedback on direction and ensure work is well aligned with the company's mission and goals.
- Contribute to user experience design, product and development best practices and standards.
- Communicate work to developers, third parties and engineers clearly and constructively.
- Clearly present various stages of interface design development to business owners, team members and other stakeholders.
- Mentor and inspire junior designers and peers.
What exactly will I be working on?
A bit like Spotify we work in Squads (small super-focussed cross functional teams) who work on their own product with a mix of developers, product managers, UX, QAs and DevOps. Each squad has a high degree of autonomy and is more or less self-managing...goodbye sign-off processes, risk assessments and red tape. If you want to make a splash and take ownership over the work you do you’ve come to the right place.
Perkbox's designers are multidisciplinary – encompassing interaction, experience, information and visual design. We obsess about user insight, conducting intensive and continuous research throughout our products' lifecycles to ensure we’re delivering impactful and captivating experiences. Still, we allow ourselves to take risks and follow our gut when confronting unknown situations. Designers at Perkbox are embedded and integrated into the squads and we consider Product Managers, QAs and Developers to be our design partners. We focus on more than making ‘look pretty’ and are guided by our users’ voices to make sure our interfaces are as usable as they are engaging.
Learn more about our product & engineering culture here : https://www.perkbox.com/uk/engage-your-employees/p...
If you're the right fit you will:
- have a portfolio website with case studies of outstanding, published work.
- be a master of typography, colour theory, grid systems and a sophisticated understanding and flair for user interface approaches across a range of digital platforms.
- have experience conducting user research and synthesising data -testing and validating your design choices
- have experience in UI design implementation and a working knowledge best practices
- be used to making data-driven decisions to continuously enhancing product.
- apply user-centered design methodologies to ensure ideas are based on customer needs.
- have a deep understanding of and high degree of empathy for the customer experience
- have developed design patterns for reuse and consistency
- be exited to inject design processes into agile development cycles
- have experience creating visually stunning interface designs for existing products and prototypes
- be curious about a wide range of design-related subjects, always ready to learn new things about visual interaction, and motion design.
- have knowledge of mobile design patterns and guidelines for both Android and iOS
- own a strong sense of personal motivation, being able to work independently with a proactive attitude in solving complex visual problems on different contexts.
- have the ability to communicate design recommendations to both peers and company leaders
Bonus points for:
- Experience with SaaS or complex enterprise applications
- Familiarity with CSS, React or CoffeScript
We expect you to have played with:
- Marvel/Invision/Framer/Principle (or similar)
Are there any benefits besides the salary?
My friend, you would agree it would be a bit silly to have an employee perks company called Perkbox and not offer our own team amazing perks, no? The hint is in the name. You of course get all the perks we offer to our customers. We also do regular team lunches, out of office days and team building nights. We also have a generous learning budget, rapid progression paths (for the right people) and a huge blow out all-hands party twice per year.
What’s it like in the office?
Have a look.
What are the prospects for career advancement at Perkbox?
Every aspect of our business is growing. If you want it there is significant potential for increased responsibility over time, be that managing a team, or taking ownership of complex technical systems. Join us and you will grow.
Ok, I’m interested. What is the application process?
- Once you apply if it looks like you are a good match for us we’ll set up a brief call with our Talent team.
- If our Talent team are confident you’ll be a good fit they’ll arrange a more technical Skype call with one of our Product Designers. This is a good chance for us to learn a bit more about you, but also a good chance for you to ask some of your questions. If we think you’re a good fit we’ll follow up with a short exercise.
- Within a few days of receiving the exercise we will give you feedback. If we thought it went well we will invite you for an interview in our London office. You will spend some time meeting the team and maybe even get a chance to meet the CEO.
- Within a few days of the interview we will either make you a formal offer or not.
- Before you start we will have everything set up, so that on day one you can hit the ground running