Social Media Executive
Perkbox is an online platform designed to provide employees with hundreds of benefits to make them feel more valued in their job. We were voted one of The Sunday Times Best Small Companies To Work For, and have just closed a second highly successful round of funding.
About the role
We’re looking for someone to join our Marketing team in the role of Social Media Executive.
This role will be responsible for Perkbox’s ‘always-on’ organic social channels. This includes
monitoring, engaging and posting content within our UK communities on a daily basis. You will
ensure posts are optimised to drive engagement, traffic to site and grow brand love with key
target audiences. You will report into the Head of Performance Marketing and will be part of the
wider Marketing team tasked with building brand love and engagement through brilliant content.
This is a brand new role which means a very exciting opportunity to build our communities
almost from scratch on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc.
Working closely with the performance, content and design teams to support business objectives
the Social Media Executive will:
- Develop engaging, creative and timely content for daily posting on Perkbox’s main social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat)
- Drive engagement, quality acquisition and strong traffic to the webiste and the blog through organic social posts
- Ensure Perkbox’s social channels are kept up to date, and content goes out on time
- Monitor and engage in customer interactions quickly and effectively to help grow brand love. Work with customer service to ensure queries and questions relating to the service are responded to.
- This includes having an eye on things remotely at some of our peak times, during evenings and weekends.
- Regular in-depth weekly reporting highlighting key findings (success and learnings) to ensure increasing success of social media channel.
- Weekly monitoring on competitors and other inspiring brands.
- Regular scouting, hunting and researching information on how other brands operate within the social space.
- Keep up an ear to the group and update the team on social media platforms developments
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in social media or related field
- Knowledge of social analytic tools and comfortable with pulling data from social channels, working with spreadsheets and understanding KPIs and metrics.
- Understanding of the social media landscape and content that works on the key channels, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Strong wordsmith and impeccable spelling, grammar and syntax. Strong proofreading skills and an eye for detail.
- Fluency in English
- Great communicator and self-starter.
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment, pressure from multiple stakeholders and ability to work to tight deadlines and multitask.
Nice to haves:
- Photography skills
- Interest in Photoshop, GIF creation, Cinemagraphs
- Can create awesome content with just a phone and mini portable studio
What You Get
- Competitive package at an early stage and rapidly growing start-up.
- Regular team lunches, trips, office snacks and free drinks on Friday.
- An outstanding opportunity to make a name for yourself at one of the UK's fastest growing companies!