In 2014 we started Perkbox as a way to help companies delight their employees. Today 500,000 people across the UK are using our service to get amazing perks ranging from fun treats to significant discounts on their everyday expenses. Business is booming and we need help to take great perks to even more people. The company is making the transition from raw start-up to finely-tuned happiness-creation machine.
You’ll be in safe hands - we are in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2017.
Who should apply?
This role is for someone who is:
- interested in the technical challenges of scaling a fast-growing SaaS product
- looking to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- happy to take technical responsibility and deliver a great results
- keen to collaborate closely with our product, UX, DevOps, Frontend and Backend teams
- deals well with continual peer review of your work
- addicted to learning
- always curious and itching to find more automated and efficient ways of doing things
- legally able to work in the UK. If not please don’t apply
- motivated by exceeding expectations and making sh*t happen
- empathetic and enjoys improving the developer experience for others
- not embarrassed to own a cupboard packed full of AWS t-shirts
What exactly will I be working on?
A bit like Spotify we work in Squads (small super-focussed cross functional teams) who work on their own product with a mix of developers, product managers, UX, QAs and DevOps. Each squad has a high degree of autonomy and is more or less self-managing...goodbye sign-off processes, risk assessments and red tape. If you want to make a splash and take ownership over the work you do you’ve come to the right place.
The DevOps function within each squad is critical to the success of the squad. Our DevOps wizards are involved and have influence in the scoping, design, development and deployment of every new feature or service. We love delivery and we love automation so the DevOps team aim to empower the squads to deliver value to our growing customer base quickly with a high level of quality and stability.
Learn more about our engineering culture here : https://www.perkbox.com/uk/engage-your-employees/p...
If you're the right fit you may have:
- experience working in an agile environment
- production experience with Docker
- experience with AWS in production
- experience building and running distributed systems at scale
- strong knowledge of DNS, networking, load balancing
- production experience with MySQL and Dynamodb ideally
- understanding and implementation of security best practice
- experience with Ansible / Chef / Puppet / Terraform
- Scripting languages Bash / Python / Node.js
- An understanding of automation in continuous delivery environment
Are there any benefits besides the salary?
My friend, you would agree it would be a bit silly to have an employee perks company called Perkbox and not offer our own team amazing perks, no? The hint is in the name. You of course get all the perks we offer to our customers. We also do regular team lunches, out of office days and team building nights. We also have a generous learning budget, rapid progression paths (for the right people) and a huge blow out all-hands party twice per year.
What’s it like in the office?
Have a look.
What are the prospects for career advancement at Perkbox?
Every aspect of our business is growing. If you want it there is significant potential for increased responsibility over time, be that managing a team, or taking ownership of complex technical systems. Join us and you will grow.
Ok, I’m interested. What is the application process?
- Once you apply if it looks like you are a good match for us we’ll set up a brief call with our Talent team.
- If our Talent team are confident you’ll be a good fit they’ll arrange a more technical Skype call with our DevOps Lead. This is a good chance for us to learn a bit more about you, but also a good chance for you to ask some of your questions. If we think you’re a good fit we’ll follow up with a short technical test.
- Within a few days of receiving the test we will give you feedback. If we thought it went well we will invite you for an interview in our London office. You will spend some time meeting the team and maybe even get a chance to meet the CEO.
- Within a few days of the interview we will either make you a formal offer or not.
- Before you start we will have everything set up, so that on day one you can hit the ground running