Perkbox has built one of the UK’s most successful digital engagement platforms, offering employers a wide choice of financial, health and wellbeing perks with which to recognize and reward their employees. Headquartered in London with a new office in Sheffield, we have grown from 20 employees in April 2015 to over 180 employees and counting. Perkbox helps companies of all sizes attract, motivate and retain staff by creating a positive and supportive working culture. We are considered one of the most refreshing and innovative ways to improve employee happiness and productivity.
People are taking notice too, and recent awards include:-
- Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2017
- Linkedin top companies rankings at #2 from over 25,000 business - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-top-compan...
- National Business Awards 2017 – Scale-up Business of the Year Winner - http://www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk/2017-winne...
We are also big believers in practicing what we preach! You can see more about our culture here:
Who should apply?
This role is for someone who is:
- interested in the technical challenges of scaling a fast-growing SaaS product
- looking to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- happy to take technical responsibility and deliver a great results
- keen to collaborate closely with our product, UX, DevOps, Frontend and Backend teams
- deals well with continual peer review of your work
- addicted to learning
- always curious and itching to find more automated and efficient ways of doing things
- legally able to work in the UK. If not please don’t apply
- motivated by exceeding expectations and making sh*t happen
- empathetic and enjoys improving the developer experience for others
- not embarrassed to own a cupboard packed full of AWS t-shirts
What exactly will I be working on?
A bit like Spotify we work in Squads (small super-focussed cross functional teams) who work on their own product with a mix of developers, product managers, UX, QAs and DevOps. Each squad has a high degree of autonomy and is more or less self-managing...goodbye sign-off processes, risk assessments and red tape. If you want to make a splash and take ownership over the work you do you’ve come to the right place.
The DevOps function within each squad is critical to the success of the squad. Our DevOps wizards are involved and have influence in the scoping, design, development and deployment of every new feature or service. We love delivery and we love automation so the DevOps team aim to empower the squads to deliver value to our growing customer base quickly with a high level of quality and stability.
Learn more about our engineering culture here : https://www.perkbox.com/uk/engage-your-employees/p...
- experience working in an agile environment
- production experience with Docker
- experience with AWS in production
- experience building and running distributed systems at scale
- strong knowledge of DNS, networking, load balancing
- production experience with MySQL and Dynamodb ideally
- understanding and implementation of security best practice
- experience with Ansible / Chef / Puppet / Terraform
- Scripting languages Bash / Python / Node.js
- An understanding of automation in continuous delivery environment
Are there any benefits besides the salary?
Hopefully you would agree it would be a bit silly to have an employee perks company called Perkbox and not offer our own team amazing perks! The hint is in the name. You of course get all the perks we offer to our customers. We also do regular team lunches, out of office days and team building nights. We also have a generous learning budget, rapid progression paths (for the right people) and a huge blow out all-hands party twice per year.
What are the prospects for career advancement at Perkbox?
Every aspect of our business is growing. If you want it there is significant potential for increased responsibility over time, be that managing a team, or taking ownership of complex technical systems. Join us and you will grow.